Outlook Reverses, Divergence in Forecasts of Property Price Peak from 2015 to 2018～The Twelfth Japanese Property Market Survey～
- The twelfth annual property market survey indicated that the current sentiment remained strong with “Good” or “Somewhat good” responses accounting for nearly 90% of the responses.
- Regarding the six-month outlook, the sum of negative responses outnumbered the positives for the first time since 2008.
- When asked which property sectors were the top three preferable investment targets in terms of price appreciation and market growth, “Hotel” overwhelmed other sectors and “Office” declined noticeably.
- When asked which risk factors were the top three influential concerns for the property investment market, more respondents chose “Global economy” than “Domestic economy,” and not a small number of respondents chose “Geopolitical risk.”
- Regarding the J-REIT market forecast, two-thirds of respondents chose “0~+15%” of return for the TSE REIT index in 2016 and more than 90% of the respondents forecasted that the J-REIT prices will stay within a range of ±15% at the end of 2016.
- Finally, when asked about the peak year forecast for property prices in Tokyo, responses were divided into the three periods of “2015 or now,” “2016～the first half of 2017” and “the second half of 2017～2018.”