Dominant Optimistic Sentiment with Further Improving Outlook ～The Tenth Japanese Property Market Survey～
- The tenth annual property market survey resulted in a very optimistic current investment sentiment with “Good” and “Somewhat good” responses accounting for more than 90% of the respondent.
- Regarding the six-month outlook, “Somewhat better” and “Better” responses predicting higher prices or more transactions accounted for nearly 70% of the respondents.
- When asked which property sector is the most preferable for investment in terms of price appreciation and market growth, “Healthcare property” tied with “Logistics” at the leading position. Moreover, a notably increasing number of respondents chose domestic consumption sectors such as “Hotel” and “Urban retail.”
- Regarding the impact of the consumption tax hike scheduled next April on the property market, two-thirds of the respondents chose “Not at all” or “Not much concern” responses.
- When asked what is expected in preparation for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, international responses such as “Better access to Narita and Haneda airport,” “More Tokyo competitiveness in Asia” and “More foreign tourists to Tokyo” garnered outstanding attention.